Landing pages are vital tools for growing your email list. Its central purpose focuses on promoting a single, enticing content offer with the goal of converting your visitor into a new lead. Since building your list is the lifeblood of your business, leveraging multiple landing pages specific to your target audiences is crucial for improving your lead generation strategy.
Also referred to as squeeze, capture, and opt-in pages, actively having these tools working in your favor will enrich your inbound marketing and position you for long-term success online.
In this how-to guide for landing pages, we’ll explain what landing pages are, why they’re beneficial to your marketing, and the best practices for creating and promoting them.
What Are Landing Pages?
Typically, when a user clicks on an ad or a link promoting a content offer, it usually directs to a landing page. This single website page only includes details about the free offer and a call-to-action for visitors to complete a form with their name and contact info (email and/or phone number).
Once the fields have been completed and submitted, the user now converts into a lead where you’ll begin the nurturing process in your email strategy towards becoming a customer of your brand.
Landing pages have one goal: to sell the visitor on joining your list. They’re simple, specific, and clear. No other content remains on these pages except a form, the offer given (i.e. checklist, resource list, eBook, template, video series, audio, etc.), and the design of the page itself such as the images and background.
How Does Landing Pages Benefit My Business?
If you embrace the inbound marketing way, then landing pages will be key ingredients towards achieving growth in your business. Outside of popups and webforms embedded on your website, landing pages are the premier tools for capturing leads apart from your site.
Here are a few reasons why landing pages are beneficial to your business:
#1 Improves SEO
One of the best ways to get your site to rank higher when people search locally and on mobile devices is to have lots of local content. Creating landing pages that feature localized, perhaps down to the neighborhood, content is a perfect way to begin building your local content and link necessary to have your pages move up in the search index for local search.
#2 Appeal to Different Audiences
Creating different landing pages that speak to different audiences will positively improve conversion rates. Visitors will feel as if your message is directed towards them, thus compelling them to give you the goods. So if you feature a landing page on Facebook, for example, you can tailor your content so it specifically relates to the followers on that network
#3 Appeal to Different Content Offers
Remember that landing pages specifically concentrates on one content offer. This means that you’ll want to have a separate page for each of your valuable content pieces you’re using to collect leads. If you have an eBook or hosting a free workshop, build a landing page for every one that details, sells and demonstrates the benefits.
#4 More Online Real Estate
The more landing pages you publish, that’s another valuable piece of content that promotes your brand. You’ll increase visibility in search, draw greater attention to what you do, and expand your reach to touch more of your target audience. It’s a win-win!
Best Tips for Creating and Publishing Landing Pages
With a solid understanding of what landing pages are and how they’re relevant to your marketing strategy, it’s time to create and publish them to start improving your lead generation. Having clarity of your target audience will play a vital role in the success of your landing page. If you’re not crystal-clear of who your ideal customer is, use this buyer persona template as a guide.
Next, you’ll need the tool to build it. Popular ones include LeadPages, InstaPage, and Unbounce. GetResponse is an email marketing software that also includes the landing page add-on to provide a holistic approach to your strategy. Each of these makes it easy for you to build, design, and publish your landing page successfully. Peruse through their sites and discover the one that best fits your needs.
Here are a few best practices when crafting your page:
- Keep your landing page content simple, concise, and straight to the point
- Use 1-2 images at the most to keep it focused. It’s important to avoid visual clutter
- Notice where the fold is in your web design. Have your CTA located near the top of the page where someone can click on it without scrolling down
- Only ask for what you need and keep the opt-in form fields as minimal as possible
- Always test your results to regularly make improvements to your page
Quick Ways to Promote Your Landing Pages
Now that you’ve created your landing page, it’s time to get fresh eyeballs on your content. Keep in mind that you’re promoting the free giveaway so you want to put great emphasis on that to encourage visitors to exchange their content info.
The following outlines a quick checklist for promotion:
- Social promotion – In your post, include the benefit followers will receive from the content offer you’re promoting. Use an image to increase engagement. Create an entire campaign around your landing page where you’re promoting it multiple times across your various channels
- Video – Videos have a compelling way of moving viewers to action. Include a strong CTA in your message either directing people to the link or telling them where to access it
- Ads – Facebook and Instagram Ads are simple and cost-effective ways of highlighting your free offer
- Your email list – It may seem strange to promote your landing page to subscribers, yet, if you’re hosting a local workshop or webinar, sharing the link with your list can help you further segment subscribers for an even more effective approach to your email marketing
Landing pages are key components to your overall inbound marketing plan. If you’re not leveraging them in your marketing (or not enough of), it’s time to implement them now to begin increasing your leads and boosting your brand’s visibility. Use this guide to steer you in the right direction.
Ready to amplify your inbound marketing strategy? We can help you get in front of your target audience, grow your leads, and foster sales. Reach out to us here and let’s chat!