- Research competitors. Researching competitors' strategies by examining their websites is a key part of any link-building campaign. When you look at a competitor's website, note how they use photos, video, social media, and other tools. Determine the engagement technique among competitors that best seems to work: Analyze whether they're telling customer stories, versus a more promotional approach -- or a combination of the two. Lastly, look a the tone of your most successful competitors to determine if it's corporate or more light-hearted.
- Build a company blog. It should be a valuable, informative, and entertaining resource, with ample opportunities for viewers to share on social media or to comment (see the social media bullet point below). Make sure you include an enticing call for action that gives your readers a solid concept of your business persona, (who you are and what you do), and what step you're asking them to take (click to sign up for a newsletter, set up a consultation, or get more information).
- Write captivating content. Create content that inspires viral sharing and natural linking. This is the type of content that attracts and engages viewers, building a community of followers that act as brand ambassadors. In response to content that effectively engages them, they'll share your message, build relationships with other viewers, and create a lifestyle around your brand.
- Execute E-mail outreach campaigns. Use an E-blast platform like Constant Contact. This type of platform allows you to compose and schedule your releases ahead, reaching thousands of individuals at the same time. This Forbes article gives important tips on how to run an effective E-mail campaign.
- Ask people you know for a link. (friends, relatives, employees, colleagues, business partners, clients). Use your natural market to acquire popular, quality links that will make your blogs appealing to a wider audience. By doing so, you're utilizing your offline contacts and giving them the opportunity to be a part of your online community.
- Guest blogging. This Search Engine Journal article by Jayson DeMers explains how guest posting on quality sites not only provides you with a following, but builds credibility and trust among viewers who frequently check multiple sites dealing with that brand. When those viewers see your name repeatedly associated with quality websites, you'll look like a respected source.
- Use social media to make your content visible. Get people to see, read your content and engage with it. There are a variety of social media management platforms out there where you can target and manage multiple social media channels at the same time. Some of the most popular ones are HootSuite and SproutSocial.
- Boost your post on Facebook. Facebook allows you to pay a flat rate to boost a post. This option can be a great way of driving traffic to your website and encouraging links back to your content. You can also pay for sponsored stories and post ads. This recent WERSM article explains the difference between sponsored stories, boosted posts and page post ads.
At Compiac, we believe that building online community is everything. We're industry leaders that specialize in helping companies develop SEO techniques for inbound marketing. For more information about tactics to boost your search ranking, or learn more about inbound marketing, please check our blog.