Analytics are absolutely critical for your business to better understand the successes and failures of your marketing or lead generation campaigns and to better plan for the future. Most website owners make use of analytics plugins to know what exactly their audience expects, and what needs to be improved about their WordPress website.
There is a wealth of information and insights that can come from analytics, You can use them to identify and understand which Inbound marketing strategies are working and which ones aren’t.
With this blog post, we want to share some of the most popular analytics plugins that can increase traffic and productivity of your WordPress website, our favorite 7 Google Analytics Plugins for Every Wordpress Website are:
1. Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights
This is one of the most complete Google Analytics plugin for WordPress that’s EASY and POWERFUL. It allow you to connect your WordPress website with Google Analytics, so you can see how visitors find and use your website. Simply put, it shows you the stats that matter.
With almost 1 million active installs, MonsterInsights is the most popular Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. They make it extremely easy for you to connect and view your Google Analytics reports from inside your WordPress dashboard.
Here are some of the main features of this plugin:
- Quick and Easy Setup with just a few clicks (no coding needed)
- See real time stats with your Google Analytics dashboard right inside your wordpress admin area
- Uses universal tracking, so you can get a better understanding of your audience across devices and platforms.
- Ecommerce Tracking, you will be able to track popular products, average order value, ecommerce conversion rate, and more.
- Ads Tracking, you can easily track your Google Adsense ads right from inside the Analytics dashboard of the plugin.
2. Google Analytics Dashboard for WP
This free Google Analytics plugin enables you to track your site using the latest Google Analytics tracking code and allows you to view key stats in your WordPress dashboard. In addition to a set of general Google Analytics stats, in-depth Page reports and in-depth Post reports allow further segmentation of your analytics data, providing performance details for each post or page from your website.
The tracking code of this plugin is fully customizable through options and hooks, allowing advanced data collection using custom dimensions and events.
- Real time statistics in your dashboard screen (number of current visitors, acquisition channels, and traffic sources details)
- Comprehensive reporting on your dashboard including
- Sessions, organic searches, page views, bounce rate analytics stats
- Locations, pages, referrers, keywords, 404 errors analytics stats
- Traffic channels, social networks, traffic mediums, search engines analytics reports
- Device categories, browsers, operating systems, screen resolutions, mobile brands analytics reports
- User access control over analytics reports
- Event traking like downloads, emails, outbound links, and affiliate links.
- Custom dimensions to track authors, publication year/month, categories, tags and user engagement
3. Google Analytics WD
“Google Analytics WD” by Web Dorado is one of the most powerful free plugin available for Wordpress. The plugin easily integrates Google Analytics tracking code to your website, provides all the necessary options to easily customize the tracking code to best fit your requirements.
Although the free version includes features such as analytics reporting, traffic information, statistics overviews, and much more. The Pro or Premiun version comes with a lot of options including full analytics reporting, ecommerce tracking, Google adsense and adwords reporting, scheduled Email reports and Pushover notifications.
- Provides all “Analytics” reports (Audience, Real Time, Demographics, Interests, Geo, Behavior, Technology, Mobile, Site content, Site Speed, Events, Goals)
- Displays traffic information of any website associated with your Google Analytics account.
- Allows adding goals to Google Analytics directly from your WordPress site.
- Adds Google Analytics comprehensive section to WordPress dashboard.
- Overview statistics (Real Time, Audience, Visitors, Location, Browser)
- Responsive design.
- Comparison by Metrics and Date Range in reports.
- Reports can be displayed as Line, Pie or Column charts.
- Export any report into a CSV or PDF file.
- Allows sending scheduled emails for any report.
- Provides statistics for each page and post both in backend and frontend.
- Provides advanced settings to manage user permissions and evaluate site speed.
- Lets you configure and manage Google Analytics Filters.
4. Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin for WordPress
Google Analytics Dashboard for WordPress – by Analytify is another great analytics plugin for Wordpress, which allows you to view analytical data everywhere in your WordPress website (posts, pages and custom post types). It presents the statistics from Google Analytics in a beautiful way under the WordPress Posts/Pages at front end, backend and in its own Dashboard.
This plugin was created to be as simple and effective to use as possible. Any average user will be able to quickly see sessions, unique visitors, pageviews, bounce rate, average time on site, and more without being a google analytics expert.
Analytify’s feature includes the following:
- Super easy installation
- Page-level analytics.
- Custom post type analytics.
- Social media stats.
- Real time stats.
- Front-end reporting.
- Enhanced Ecommerce tracking
- Automated Email Reports
5. Analytics Cat – Google Analytics Made Easy
Analytics Cat is a lean, fast, and simple Google Analytics Wordpress plugin. It makes it easy to add your Google Analytics / Universal Google Analytics code to your WordPress site.
This bloat-free, simple Google Analytics WordPress plugin doesn’t add tons of features. Instead, Analytics Cat – Google Analytics simply focuses on letting you add your Google Analytics (Universal Analytics) code to your site in less than 2 minutes, without slowing your site down.
- Completely FREE!
- Add the Google Analytics (Universal Analytics) tracking code to your WordPress site with ease.
- Hide your Google Analytics tracking code from logged-in users so you don’t pollute your data.
6. Slimstat Analytics
Plugin Main features:
- Real-time access log, server latency, heatmaps, full IPv6 support, and much more.
- Exclude users from statistics collection based on various...
- Export your reports to CSV or get daily emails right in your mailbox
- Compatible with W3 Total Cache, WP SuperCache, CloudFlare and most caching plugins
- Accurate IP geolocation, browser and platform detection
- Display reports in widgets or directly in posts and pages.
As online business, your main concerns will always be how to attract more visitors or clients. Web analytics will play a crucial role in determining the success and growth of your website. You should collect data about your website visitors and their behavior so that you can improve and optimize your site’s performance and conversion rates.
Although Analytics may not hold the answer to all of your problems, but using analytics will help you learn from your mistakes and improve on them to achieve better inbound marketing results.
What’s your favorite Wordpress analytics plugin? Let us know in the comments section below!